Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for FLIR Systems (FLIR)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for FLIR Systems (NASDAQ: FLIR):
- 10/26/2017 – FLIR Systems had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $42.00.
- 10/26/2017 – FLIR Systems had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. from $37.00 to $43.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/26/2017 – FLIR Systems was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “FLIR Systems’ third-quarter 2017 earnings per share topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 8.3% on solid top-line growth. During the reported quarter, the company’s solid execution and streamlined business has aided it drive solid improvements in backlog, adjusted gross margin and earnings per share. Going forward, the company believes that its robust pipeline of products and steady market traction of the recently launched products will continue to drive revenue growth. Moreover, FLIR Systems’ strategic acquisitions and robust momentum in its commercial products are also expected to propel growth. Despite these positives, year to date, FLIR Systems’ shares have underperformed compared with the industry average. Its gross margins are vulnerable to a host of factors, including product mix changes and manufacturing cost absorption.”
- 10/25/2017 – FLIR Systems had its price target raised by analysts at Raymond James Financial, Inc. to $60.00. They now have a “strong-buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/24/2017 – FLIR Systems had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $34.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2017 – FLIR Systems had its price target raised by analysts at Needham & Company LLC from $40.00 to $42.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLIR) opened at 46.82 on Wednesday. The firm’s 50-day moving average is $41.81 and its 200 day moving average is $38.27. FLIR Systems, Inc. has a 52-week low of $31.81 and a 52-week high of $48.06. The company has a market capitalization of $6.42 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 30.19 and a beta of 0.60.
FLIR Systems (NASDAQ:FLIR) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, October 25th. The scientific and technical instruments company reported $0.52 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.48 by $0.04. The firm had revenue of $464.70 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $446.06 million. FLIR Systems had a net margin of 12.30% and a return on equity of 14.30%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 14.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.48 EPS. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that FLIR Systems, Inc. will post $1.86 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, December 8th. Shareholders of record on Friday, November 24th will be issued a dividend of $0.15 per share. This represents a $0.60 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.28%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, November 22nd. FLIR Systems’s dividend payout ratio is 37.74%.
In other FLIR Systems news, VP Brian E. Harding sold 1,836 shares of FLIR Systems stock in a transaction on Monday, October 30th. The shares were sold at an average price of $46.90, for a total transaction of $86,108.40. Following the transaction, the vice president now directly owns 6,646 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $311,697.40. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, SVP Todd M. Duchene sold 9,000 shares of FLIR Systems stock in a transaction on Monday, October 30th. The stock was sold at an average price of $47.00, for a total transaction of $423,000.00. Following the transaction, the senior vice president now directly owns 29,767 shares in the company, valued at $1,399,049. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 303,356 shares of company stock worth $11,799,206 over the last ninety days. Insiders own 3.00% of the company’s stock.
FLIR Systems, Inc (FLIR) designs, develops, markets and distributes thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locater systems, measurement and diagnostic systems and threat-detection solutions. The Company’s segments include Surveillance, Instruments, Security, OEM & Emerging Markets, Maritime and Detection.
Receive News & Ratings for FLIR Systems Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for FLIR Systems Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.