Dow Chemical (DOW) Given News Sentiment Rating of 0.16
News articles about Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) have been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research group ranks the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Dow Chemical earned a daily sentiment score of 0.16 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news stories about the basic materials company an impact score of 45.2117454438095 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s rankings:
- Dow Heat-transfer Fluids to Be Used at 2018 Olympic Winter Games (machinerylubrication.com)
- Global Construction Adhesives Market by Players: 3M Company, Avery Dennison Corporation, The DOW Chemical Company (topexaminer.com)
- Shell Chemical to raise US IPA pricing by 10 cents/lb in mid-January (platts.com)
- Lawsuit settlement could lead to cancellation of water rate increases – The Bakersfield Californian (bakersfield.com)
- Dow Heat Transfer Fluids to Help Keep Ice Quality High at Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 – Around the Rings (aroundtherings.com)
Shares of Dow Chemical (DOW) remained flat at $$66.65 during trading hours on Thursday. The company has a quick ratio of 1.32, a current ratio of 1.93 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.68. Dow Chemical has a one year low of $51.57 and a one year high of $67.50. The firm has a market capitalization of $83,740.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 27.89 and a beta of 1.13.
Dow Chemical Company Profile
Receive News & Ratings for Dow Chemical Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Dow Chemical and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.