Barclays (BCS) Getting Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Study Shows
Media headlines about Barclays (NYSE:BCS) have been trending somewhat positive on Wednesday, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm rates the sentiment of media coverage by reviewing more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Barclays earned a coverage optimism score of 0.15 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned press coverage about the financial services provider an impact score of 44.7710600225474 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next several days.
Here are some of the media headlines that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s analysis:
- 8 Stocks Hotchkis & Wiley Continues to Buy (finance.yahoo.com)
- Custodial Receipts (Barclays), Custodial Receipts, Series 2017-YX1072 — Moody’s assigns enhanced Aa2 to Custodial Receipts, Series 2017-YX1072 (finance.yahoo.com)
- Tender Option Bond Trust (Barclays Liquidity), Floater Certificates, Series 2018-XL0058 — Moody’s assigns A2/VMIG 1 to Floater Certificates, Series 2018-XL0058 (finance.yahoo.com)
- Nieuw Amsterdam Receivables Corporation B.V. — Moody’s ABCP activity ending February 9, 2018 (finance.yahoo.com)
- Air Products’ CEO to Speak at Barclays Industrial Select Conference (prnewswire.com)
Shares of Barclays (NYSE BCS) traded up $0.28 on Wednesday, reaching $11.13. 5,199,869 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 4,024,406. The company has a quick ratio of 1.19, a current ratio of 1.21 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 3.78. The company has a market capitalization of $45,560.00, a PE ratio of -90.42, a P/E/G ratio of 0.56 and a beta of 0.89. Barclays has a twelve month low of $9.29 and a twelve month high of $12.02.
Barclays Company Profile
Barclays PLC, is a global financial services holding company. The Company is engaged in credit cards, wholesale banking, investment banking, wealth management and investment management services. The Company’s segments include Barclays UK and Barclays International. The Barclays UK segment includes the local consumer, small business, the United Kingdom wealth and credit cards business.
Receive News & Ratings for Barclays Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Barclays and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.