Komodo (KMD) Price Tops $4.29
Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded up 6.3% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM ET on February 14th. Komodo has a market cap of $443.28 million and approximately $2.81 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Komodo has traded 8.4% higher against the US dollar. One Komodo coin can now be bought for $4.29 or 0.00046481 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including CoinExchange, Cryptopia, BarterDEX and Binance.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 8.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $128.25 or 0.01389670 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $477.68 or 0.05175750 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 28.4% against the dollar and now trades at $169.48 or 0.01836380 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded 8.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $39.74 or 0.00428662 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 12.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.62 or 0.00028286 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.61 or 0.00017366 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Buying and Selling Komodo
Komodo can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptox, HitBTC, Cryptopia, BarterDEX, CoinExchange, Binance, Bittrex and Upbit. It is not currently possible to purchase Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.