Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Essent Group (ESNT)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Essent Group (NYSE: ESNT) recently:
- 2/12/2018 – Essent Group had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada to $59.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 2/12/2018 – Essent Group was upgraded by analysts at Zelman & Associates from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/12/2018 – Essent Group had its price target raised by analysts at Compass Point from $57.50 to $60.75. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/9/2018 – Essent Group was given a new $62.00 price target on by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/9/2018 – Essent Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We still think ESNT is the best growth story in our coverage universe. 2,288 of 2,630 new loans in default were identified as related to Harvey and Irma. ESNT’s master policy provides protections to the company from defaults due to catastrophic property damage. MI master policies cover losses arising from economic default and do not cover claims that were principally caused by physical damage, including damage caused by floods or other natural disasters. We expect reserve releases in the near future for defaults associated with hurricanes.””
- 1/8/2018 – Essent Group was upgraded by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $61.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $49.00.
- 12/25/2017 – Essent Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Essent Group Ltd., through its subsidiaries, operates as a private mortgage insurance company. It serves originators of residential mortgage loans, such as regulated depository institutions, mortgage banks, credit unions, and other lenders. Essent Group Ltd. is based in Hamilton, Bermuda. “
- 12/20/2017 – Essent Group is now covered by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They set an “outperform” rating and a $54.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/20/2017 – Essent Group had its price target raised by analysts at BTIG Research from $49.00 to $54.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of Essent Group Ltd (ESNT) opened at $47.46 on Thursday. Essent Group Ltd has a 1 year low of $33.45 and a 1 year high of $50.08. The firm has a market cap of $4,499.42, a PE ratio of 11.98, a P/E/G ratio of 1.05 and a beta of 1.15.
Essent Group (NYSE:ESNT) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Friday, February 9th. The financial services provider reported $0.79 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.78 by $0.01. Essent Group had a net margin of 65.87% and a return on equity of 18.84%. The company had revenue of $161.77 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $155.22 million. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted $0.68 EPS. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 28.0% on a year-over-year basis. analysts anticipate that Essent Group Ltd will post 4.34 EPS for the current year.
Essent Group Ltd. is a private mortgage insurance company. The Company is engaged in offering private mortgage insurance and reinsurance for mortgages secured by residential properties located in the United States. Its products and services include mortgage insurance, contract underwriting, and Bermuda-based insurance and reinsurance.
Receive News & Ratings for Essent Group Ltd Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Essent Group Ltd and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.