Ethereum Classic Trading Up 37.8% Over Last 7 Days (ETC)
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 19.4% higher against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 12:00 PM Eastern on February 19th. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be bought for approximately $39.13 or 0.00354285 BTC on exchanges including Coinnest, Kucoin, Coinbene and CEX.IO. Ethereum Classic has a market cap of $3.91 billion and $997.61 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded up 37.8% against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $11,088.10 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $947.61 or 0.08580770 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,524.92 or 0.13808300 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $223.89 or 0.02027380 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $314.73 or 0.02849930 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $138.16 or 0.01251050 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $471.43 or 0.04268860 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0814 or 0.00000737 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.66 or 0.00078443 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Kucoin, Koinex, BigONE, CEX.IO, DSX, Qryptos, BTCTurk, Bittrex, bitFlyer, BitBay, Binance, Tidex, xBTCe, Bitinka, Tidebit, CoolCoin, Mr. Exchange, GDAX, Bancor Network, Bithumb, Korbit, BitGrail, ACX, Livecoin, Upbit, GOPAX, Coinsquare, Coinrail, QuadrigaCX, Quoine, WEX, COSS, Gate.io, Bitbank, ZB.COM, Huobi, YoBit, OKEx, Cobinhood, CoinEgg, Independent Reserve, Coinnest, CoinFalcon, Liqui, EXX, Gatecoin, Poloniex, Bitstamp, Gatehub, BTC Markets, EtherDelta, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitso, Cryptopia, RightBTC, ChaoEX, Coinbene, Mercatox, Coinone, BtcTrade.im, Koineks, Allcoin, Kraken, Lbank, TOPBTC, HitBTC, Exmo, Gemini, BX Thailand, Bit-Z, CoinExchange, Bibox, Coinut and Bitfinex. It is not presently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.