Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for Copa (CPA)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Copa (NYSE: CPA):
- 8/13/2018 – Copa was upgraded by analysts at Evercore ISI from an “in-line” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/10/2018 – Copa had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $100.00.
- 8/10/2018 – Copa had its price target lowered by analysts at Cowen Inc from $130.00 to $100.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 8/9/2018 – Copa was downgraded by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $100.00.
- 7/23/2018 – Copa was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “We expect Copa Holdings' second-quarter results to be hurt by high fuel costs. In the first quarter of 2018, average fuel price per gallon increased 17.6% year over year to $2.16. Fuel prices are anticipated to be even higher ($2.25 per gallon) in the soon-to-be reported quarter. Apart from high fuel costs, expenses pertaining to labor are expected to weigh on the bottom line in the second quarter. The political dispute involving Panama and Venezuela might hurt its second-quarter results as well. The company expects a negative impact to the tune of $15 million in the second quarter. Detailed results should be out on Aug 8. The negative sentiment surrounding the stock can be made out from the fact that the Zacks Consensus Estimate for second-quarter earnings has been revised 10.1% downward over the last seven days. However, we are impressed with the company’s efforts to reward shareholders and increase its fleet size.”
- 7/16/2018 – Copa is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. They set a “buy” rating and a $144.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/11/2018 – Copa was downgraded by analysts at Buckingham Research from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $103.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $165.00.
- 6/22/2018 – Copa was upgraded by analysts at HSBC Holdings plc from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 6/20/2018 – Copa was upgraded by analysts at Raymond James from an “outperform” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 6/18/2018 – Copa was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
NYSE:CPA traded down $1.31 during trading hours on Friday, reaching $85.40. The company had a trading volume of 457,900 shares, compared to its average volume of 308,713. Copa Holdings, S.A. has a 1-year low of $81.51 and a 1-year high of $141.34. The company has a market capitalization of $3.49 billion, a PE ratio of 9.86, a PEG ratio of 0.95 and a beta of 1.76. The company has a current ratio of 1.08, a quick ratio of 1.00 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.40.
Copa (NYSE:CPA) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August 8th. The transportation company reported $1.18 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.28 by ($0.10). Copa had a net margin of 14.58% and a return on equity of 18.29%. The company had revenue of $634.10 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $659.06 million. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $1.48 earnings per share. The company’s revenue was up 10.5% compared to the same quarter last year. equities research analysts predict that Copa Holdings, S.A. will post 9.39 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
A number of large investors have recently made changes to their positions in CPA. Point72 Asia Hong Kong Ltd acquired a new position in Copa in the first quarter valued at approximately $130,000. Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. NY acquired a new position in Copa in the fourth quarter valued at approximately $134,000. Cerebellum GP LLC lifted its holdings in Copa by 87.6% in the second quarter. Cerebellum GP LLC now owns 1,769 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $167,000 after acquiring an additional 826 shares during the period. Envestnet Asset Management Inc. lifted its holdings in Copa by 60.9% in the fourth quarter. Envestnet Asset Management Inc. now owns 1,371 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $184,000 after acquiring an additional 519 shares during the period. Finally, Landscape Capital Management L.L.C. acquired a new position in Copa in the first quarter valued at approximately $203,000. 66.64% of the stock is owned by institutional investors.
Copa Holdings, SA, through its subsidiaries, provides airline passenger and cargo services. The company offers flights to 75 destinations in 31 countries in North, Central, and South America, as well as the Caribbean. As of April 12, 2018, it operated a fleet of 101 aircraft comprising 81 Boeing 737NG aircraft and 20 EMBRAER-190s aircraft.
Read More: How to Invest in Marijuana Stocks
Receive News & Ratings for Copa Holdings SA Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Copa Holdings SA and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.