Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Sempra Energy (SRE)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE):
- 8/17/2018 – Sempra Energy had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley.
- 8/10/2018 – Sempra Energy is now covered by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They set a “weight” rating on the stock.
- 8/10/2018 – Sempra Energy was given a new $120.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 8/7/2018 – Sempra Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $118.00 to $121.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 7/30/2018 – Sempra Energy was given a new $110.00 price target on by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/9/2018 – Sempra Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Argus to $130.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
NYSE:SRE traded up $0.83 on Friday, hitting $116.85. 3,121,900 shares of the stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 2,355,265. The firm has a market capitalization of $31.29 billion, a PE ratio of 21.56, a P/E/G ratio of 2.65 and a beta of 0.42. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.28, a current ratio of 0.58 and a quick ratio of 0.54. Sempra Energy has a fifty-two week low of $100.49 and a fifty-two week high of $122.97.
Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Monday, August 6th. The utilities provider reported $1.35 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.18 by $0.17. The company had revenue of $2.56 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.64 billion. Sempra Energy had a positive return on equity of 8.69% and a negative net margin of 5.89%. The firm’s revenue was up 1.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $1.10 earnings per share. research analysts anticipate that Sempra Energy will post 5.43 earnings per share for the current year.
Sempra Energy, together with its subsidiaries, invests in, develops, and operates energy infrastructure, as well as provides electric and gas services in the United States and internationally. The company's San Diego Gas & Electric Company segment engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity.
Featured Story: Understanding Analyst Recommendations
Receive News & Ratings for Sempra Energy Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Sempra Energy and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.