Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for Sophiris Bio (SPHS)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Sophiris Bio (NASDAQ: SPHS):
- 9/13/2018 – Sophiris Bio was given a new $10.00 price target on by analysts at HC Wainwright. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “Valuation and risks to price target achievement. We reiterate our Buy rating and $10 price target. Our valuation is based on our clinical net present value (NPV) model, which allows us to flex multiple assumptions affecting a drug’s potential commercial profile. Factors which could impede reaching our price target include failed or inconclusive clinical trials or inability of the company to secure adequate funding to progress its drugs through the development pathway. Sophiris Bio Inc.””
- 8/29/2018 – Sophiris Bio was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 8/29/2018 – Sophiris Bio had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Maxim Group. They now have a $8.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Sophiris announced that the investigation into the patient death in the P2b study of topsalysin in prostate cancer (PC) was unlikely to be related to the drug or the procedure (see note from 6/25). SPHS shares are up ~25% this morning.””
- 8/29/2018 – Sophiris Bio was given a new $10.00 price target on by analysts at HC Wainwright. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/18/2018 – Sophiris Bio was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/15/2018 – Sophiris Bio was given a new $4.00 price target on by analysts at HC Wainwright. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of NASDAQ:SPHS traded down $0.03 during midday trading on Tuesday, hitting $2.56. 132,600 shares of the stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 383,356. The company has a market capitalization of $79.79 million, a PE ratio of -6.40 and a beta of 1.39. The company has a quick ratio of 3.57, a current ratio of 3.57 and a debt-to-equity ratio of -3.97. Sophiris Bio Inc has a twelve month low of $1.80 and a twelve month high of $4.05.
Sophiris Bio (NASDAQ:SPHS) last released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 14th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.20) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.15) by ($0.05). equities analysts anticipate that Sophiris Bio Inc will post -0.6 earnings per share for the current year.
Sophiris Bio, Inc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of products for the treatment of urological diseases. The company's primary product candidate is PRX302, which is in Phase III clinical trial for treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), as well as for the treatment of localized low to intermediate risk prostate cancer.
See Also: Leveraged Buyout (LBO)
Receive News & Ratings for Sophiris Bio Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Sophiris Bio Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.