Namecoin Price Up 2.9% Over Last 7 Days (NMC)
Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 0.5% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on April 15th. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $1.02 or 0.00019796 BTC on major exchanges including SouthXchange, Trade By Trade, BX Thailand and YoBit. In the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 2.9% higher against the dollar. Namecoin has a market cap of $15.01 million and approximately $7,120.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $5,158.66 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $297.78 or 0.05789577 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00008472 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $86.96 or 0.01690729 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 11.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.16 or 0.00041992 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00003459 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0285 or 0.00000554 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0106 or 0.00000207 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0017 or 0.00000033 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, Altcoin Trader, Bleutrade, Bitsane, YoBit, WEX, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Bittylicious, BX Thailand, SouthXchange, Trade By Trade, Cryptopia and C-Patex. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.