Zcash (ZEC) Trading 4.5% Lower Over Last Week
Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded down 1.3% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on September 22nd. During the last seven days, Zcash has traded 4.5% lower against the US dollar. Zcash has a total market capitalization of $343.53 million and $173.31 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Zcash coin can now be purchased for approximately $45.97 or 0.00459123 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including C2CX, Sistemkoin, Bitlish and LiteBit.eu.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $10.11 or 0.00100966 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $4.03 or 0.00040284 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 8.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00002787 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 9.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0559 or 0.00000558 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00001909 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 8.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0548 or 0.00000548 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0503 or 0.00000502 BTC.
- VoteCoin (VOT) traded 8.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0027 or 0.00000027 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: WEX, BTC-Alpha, LBank, Instant Bitex, Huobi, YoBit, Bittrex, Altcoin Trader, Poloniex, Cryptomate, Bithumb, GOPAX, Tux Exchange, Exmo, BTC Trade UA, BiteBTC, Coinrail, Sistemkoin, Gate.io, Bitfinex, Bit-Z, BX Thailand, Gemini, BCEX, OKEx, Kraken, Crex24, Bitlish, CoinEx, Trade Satoshi, Liquid, Cryptohub, HitBTC, Mercatox, Coinroom, BitBay, LiteBit.eu, Allcoin, Bitinka, C2CX, Braziliex, Kuna, Ovis, Graviex, Binance, Waves Decentralized Exchange, LocalTrade, Upbit, BigONE, CEX.IO, Cryptopia, Coinut, CoinExchange and OTCBTC. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.