Litecoin (LTC) Reaches Market Capitalization of $2.69 Billion
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 0.5% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on June 30th. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for $41.44 or 0.00454586 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $2.69 billion and approximately $1.37 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 6.2% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.27 or 0.00013901 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0023 or 0.00000025 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0067 or 0.00000073 BTC.
- Advanced Internet Blocks (AIB) traded down 23% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0035 or 0.00000038 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0646 or 0.00000709 BTC.
- NEXT (NET) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.61 or 0.00006657 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00003438 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00003482 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0379 or 0.00000416 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0992 or 0.00001073 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team. The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support. In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second. “
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: . Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.