Zcash (ZEC) Tops 24 Hour Volume of $223.57 Million
Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded down 0.8% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 0:00 AM ET on June 30th. One Zcash coin can currently be bought for $51.87 or 0.00565545 BTC on exchanges including CoinExchange, Binance, Bitinka and BitBay. Zcash has a market cap of $492.46 million and approximately $223.57 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Zcash has traded down 11.5% against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $10.26 or 0.00111876 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.74 or 0.00073537 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00001676 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0948 or 0.00001034 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 7.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0683 or 0.00000745 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001180 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 45.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0041 or 0.00000045 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptohub, Coinrail, CoinExchange, Huobi, Kuna, Coinroom, CoinEx, Sistemkoin, BTC-Alpha, BitBay, BCEX, CEX.IO, Kraken, Waves Decentralized Exchange, C2CX, Gemini, Graviex, Cryptomate, Bitlish, OKEx, Braziliex, YoBit, GOPAX, HitBTC, Coinut, Binance, Cryptopia, Allcoin, Poloniex, Bittrex, BiteBTC, Crex24, WEX, OTCBTC, Instant Bitex, Exmo, Liquid, LocalTrade, Bit-Z, Bitfinex, LBank, Trade Satoshi, Bithumb, Mercatox, BTC Trade UA, Tux Exchange, Bitinka, LiteBit.eu, Upbit, Ovis, BX Thailand, Gate.io, BigONE and Altcoin Trader. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.